Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Fruit and Veggie week

Okay, So this week I have dedicated myself to only eating non-starchy fruits and veggies, as much as I want, as a way to detox/fast and share my experience with you.

I started the week weighing 121 lbs. Let's see how that changes.


My breakfast has been 2 whole grapefruits and 2 cups black coffee.


Lunch was steamed vegetables with light sauce, and 3 apples.


Dinner was an Artichoke, Radish, and Cucumber salad with vinegar and watermelon.

I also snacked on apples and more melon. I ate as much as I wanted, besides black coffee I also drank lots of water. 

My total calories for the day was 711 calories, and that's eating as much as I wanted!

Day 2 of fruit and veggie is over.

I'm already down to 120 lbs!

I started my day with watermelon and cherries. (YUM)


Lunch was more steamed veggies and apples. My snacks were also apples since they were the only thing I brought with me to work.


Dinner was the last half of a watermelon!

Finished the day with 800 calories. Again, eating all the fruits and veggies I wanted.

If you are wondering, yes, I really want to eat a friggin donut, BUT I gotta resist the urge or else all this effort is for nothing. 


Do I feel light headed? sometimes I do then I just eat more fruit to keep my blood sugar up.

Day 3:

It was a little easier today. Still really wanting that junk food but thankfully I'm able to keep myself occupied with the fruit.

I am also down to 118 lbs! What better way to stay motivated than seeing results?

My breakfast this morning was  2 mangoes

Lunch was carrots, radishes, and cucumbers.

 Dinner was steamed brocolli and carrots with a grapefruit.


Of course I made sure to keep myself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. You can't use this diet to it's full potential if you're not drinking lots of water!

Total calories eaten today was 920.


Day 4:

Breakfast was a smoothie made of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, a little spinach, and water.

I really needed some protein today so for lunch I had 8 oz of steamed edamame in the pods with some soy sauce. I perked right up after enjoying this!


For dinner we went out for Chinese, I stuck to my cleanse by only eating steamed veggies, but I treated myself by adding some sauce.
                        

I ended the day still at 118 lbs but hey I'm okay with that. I really feel I'm over the craving "hump" and it is all down hill from here guys! Today I only had 950 calories.


Day 5:

Breakfast/morning snack was two pints of strawberries. (my  most favorite food ever!!!)


Lunch was two cans of green beans. Two cans fills me up for only 100 calories! What an underutilized diet food!
For dinner I made cabbage soup with tomatoes, onions, carrots and vegetable broth with all my favorite herbs.


Finished the day for only 712 calories!


Day 6:

Breakfast again was a pint of strawberries.


Lunch was garlicky roasted asparagus.

Dinner was more cabbage soup!

With fruit being my snacks I ended at 856 calories today and I got down to 117 lbs!

Day 7:

Last day yayy!!!

I'm honestly not going to post what I ate today because I forgot. I spent most of my day at the beach. Breakfast was 4 mandarin oranges, Lunch was carrots and cherries, dinner was the rest of the cabbage soup. God I want some icecream!

Finished at 117 lbs!

Conclusion:

So after all of this I feel great. A lot of you may be wondering why exactly did i do this, well there's a few reasons.

1. If you're planning to stick to any diet you need to learn self control!

Sticking to only fruits and veggies is hard. But sticking to any diet is hard. I can't tell you how badly I wanted to give in when my coworkers would offer me a piece of garlic bread. Or when i could smell the cookies in the bakery section at the grocery store. You only want what you can't have, and I REALLY wanted it. However I wanted to stay true to myself more. 

I knew what my goals were, and I stuck with it. I developed better self discipline to say no.

2. I wanted to give you guys a real visual on why it's so important to eat lots of fruits and vegetables while trying to lose weight. I was eating ALL the food I wanted and I still stuck to under 1000 calories a day while eating fruits and veggies. They kept me full and it's easier to control my cravings. 

I know you can't live off of only fruits and veggies. We're not cows. Fats, proteins, complex carbs are all very important for our health and keeping a balanced diet. You can hear from any nutritionist that you need your fruits and veggies to stay lean. I just wanted to prove it to you.

3. This was probably the easiest and cheapest "cleanse" I can stick to. My whole weeks worth of food cost only $30. I didn't have to buy any expensive powders, or supplements. I ate what it wanted when I wanted. As you can see my meals were pretty easy to prepare. I could eat my food raw, steamed, roasted or in a soup. Whatever I was feeling. 


4. It will prepare your appetite and mindset for weight loss, as well as jump start your goals. 

After doing the cleanse I feel more full while eating less food. Once I was able to eat donuts and ice cream again, it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be and I really didn't crave junk later on. Also losing that 4 lbs really gave me a confidence boost (yes, I know some of the weight was water weight and bloat, but hey, I feel way less bloated and that makes me feel great to.) My skin also cleared up quite a bit which is awesome.

I hope my experience helps. If you do want to do my fruit and veggie cleanse that is great! I'd love to hear your feedback. Even if you only do it for three days that is still quite the feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best, and Easiest Bean Recipes